Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thorn In My Flesh

I was listening to a song that I cannot remember the name of at this time, but it mentioned 2 Corinthians 12. So, I stopped listening to the song and read it. What struck me hard was the part about Paul's thorn in his flesh (v.7) and how he pleaded with the Lord about it, that it should leave him (v.8).

The reason that struck me so hard is the fact that I am schizophrenic and on medication. Yet, even with the medication life can be real tough. I have prayed for healing and that it be taken from me, but I think the Lord is trying to tell me what he told Paul in verse 9:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I love what Paul has to say in the rest of verse 9 thru verse 10:

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment